- Protection of the environment and of the natural resources.
- Better waste management.
- Better management of special waste such as nappies and cigarette butts.
- Protection and Conservation of protected species such as Caretta - Caretta turtle.
- CO2 emissions reduction due to the use of public transport and bikes to access the Costa Nostrum® Sustainable Beaches.
- Increased number of visitors to the Costa Nostrum® Sustainable Beaches.
- Increased income for the managing entity of the Sustainable Beach. Creation of new jobs.
- Increase in other types of tourism such as ecotourism.
- Increased added value for the Costa Nostrum® Sustainable Beach.
- Advertising and promotion of local - traditional products worldwide.
- Global advertising of the Costa Nostrum® Sustainable Beach and the region through our website and our Mobile Application.
- Surplus value on land adjacent to less popular beaches which, upon certified as Costa Nostrum® Sustainable Beaches will bring benefits for both the landowners and municipalities.
- Linking Costa Nostrum® Sustainable Beaches with local businesses – craft industries and cooperatives producing traditional products.
- Connecting the visitor of a Costa Nostrum® Sustainable Beach with the mainland and its cultural identity with direct effect in the number of visitors to local – traditional businesses and other tourist attractions of the region.
- Direct economic effect in the region by the promotion of the quality - cultural characteristics of each area:
- Increased turnover for the nearby Tourism Businesses.
- Unemployment reduction.
- Increase of state revenues, through the collection of indirect and direct taxes.
- Increased satisfaction of bathers – visitors of the Costa Nostrum® Sustainable Beaches.
- Conservation and promotion of local culture.
- Better service quality.
- Increase and consolidate the egalitarian sentiment since specific social groups like disabled people, pregnant women and elderly people will have equal access to the Costa Nostrum® Sustainable Beach.
- Better control of the businesses operating within the coastal area and the employees who work in them.
- Compliance with all the essential rules and law requirements verified by the annual audits which will be carried out as part of the standard.
- Increased security in the Costa Nostrum® Sustainable Beach resulting from the information provided to the visitors - bathers on potential dangers and by hiring qualified personnel.
- Increased social cohesion.